- Circle, a Goldman Sachs backed Fintech company, is looking to create a stablecoin, pegged to the USD and received a $110 million funding round (reported by CNN).
- Cryptocurrency exchange, Kraken, will be donating $1 million USD to a non-profit called Coin Center (reported by Coindesk).
- Researchers were able to detect malicious Chrome extensions that could be used for secret cryptocurrency mining (reported by Bitcoinist).
- Binance is set to open trading for select TrueUSD (TUSD) trading pairs on Friday, May 18th, at 4:00 am (UTC) (reported by Bitcoinist).
- The Bitcoin Cash (BCH) hardfork to increase the block size from 8mb to 32mb is now completed (reported by CoinGeek).
- Mitsubishi is partnering with Ripple to test out Ripple’s payment system within their global company for cross border payments (reported by Coindesk).